I was in TopShop today when I saw a Headband like this one, but on twine not on a braid (I can’t find the headband on the website but it’s exactly like this but on twine) and I liked it until I checked the price and it was £10!!!! It was literally paper flowers, twine and elastic and I thought I could make that in less than half the price! So I have done a little tutorial (first one ever!) on how I made my own hairband for about £3.
What you will need
- Twine – £1.99 in Hobbycraft but with student discount it was £1.80
- Flowers – £1.29 Blue paper roses with bendable stems (you can have any colour or material you want I went for blue my favourite colour!) £1.17 with discount.
- An old bobble or elastic
- Black thread or cotton the thicker the better.
- first take the twine and cut a piece that fits the size of your head.
- Get your bobble and cut it in half or if you have the elastic cut a 2 inch piece off.
- The twine you cut for you head cut about 1 inch off each side (if you want you band to be quite tight cut a bit more I like to have mine a bit loose).
- Get you half piece of bobble and overlap the first 2cm of twine and start wrapping black thread around it to secure them together then secure with a double knot. Do this on both sides